Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day ???

I've done good! Or "well", as my bro would now interject. I did have to cheat once, as I gave blood and they give you sugar to replace the bloodloss. So I shared a little package of peanut butter cookies with Mija. Not those cracker and a thin layer of PB ones, it was the peanut shape ones with the sweet thick layer inside. Other than that, I made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (adapted from the raisin ones on SmittenKitchen's blog) and didn't have a one. DH ate a lot of them, however.
Girl Scout Cookie time is soon, too! Oh me, oh my! Good thing they taste better frozen.
I've been cooking a lot better foods for the family as well. ("as GOOD," Bro fixes. No, it's not a grammar thing, it's an annoying brother thing.) I've learned to brine chicken breasts & served it with fresh asparagus. Not that it was difficult, but I will always brine my chicken breasts now.
The other night was "Oven Fried Chicken," a delicious Ellie Krieger recipe. The yogurt makes the chicken juicy as it bakes. I served it with a salad and homemade ranch dressing. Yum! I need to figure out how to do links, but the ranch dressing was from Pioneer Woman. (update: figured out the links!)

No comments: