Sunday, March 1, 2009

Realizations on Day 4

Apparently, Lent isn't actually 40 days. Sundays aren't counted. This doesn't mean, however, that you get Sundays "off." So tomorrow won't count at all. 46 days it is.

Breakfast: a peach & some iced tea but made DH & Mija French Toast and Eggs
Lunch: bean & cheese burritos - I think the beans are going bad, have to toss them
Snack: PB & J a little before dinner
Dinner: DH made spaghetti with turkey meatballs

This is also Day 1 of my new project - "Amish" Friendship Bread!

I found a starter recipe online -
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 packet yeast

I chose to do the plastic baggie method - load it into a giant bag and mush when needed. No need to worry about what bowls & spoons you can use. No mess. Well, until baking day. Yes, I realize this isn't a savory application of my baking skills as aforementioned. I'll just have to keep the starters going until the 40 (+6) days are up. Plus, you can freeze the starters. Good thing, cause I don't really plan on sending any chain letters.

No comments: