Sunday, March 1, 2009

The first Sunday of Lent

Breakfast: Eggs with tomatoes & habaneros, "refried" black beans (more like mashed beans - bacon drippings tasted bad.)
Lunch: Don't remember
Dinner: Porkchops & Applesauce
Snack : English Muffin & Cream cheese, PB&J, Cereal & Yogurt

Don't worry too much about the "don't remembers." It may have been I didn't actually eat. I tend not to eat meals, just snack throughout the day or I don't eat at all. My biggest challenge when I was trying to lose weight was to eat, period. Most people have to eat less, I had to eat more. My trainer told me I was starving my body into hibernation mode and it was storing anything I put in. I did lose weight, so it must've worked! Day 2 of my friendship bread direction was to mash the bag. I like the yeasty smell.
Today I found my dad's Kit Kat stash. I eagerly ripped into one and was in the process of breaking the little bars apart only to realize I couldn't eat it. I went to my husband who quickly eyeballed my thievery and asked why I had it. I explained I had found my dad's Kit Kat stash. He grabbed it and said "You mean you found ME your Dad's Kit Kat stash" and crammed them in his mouth. Later that evening, my dad tossed the bag at me, "Here." He apparently didn't know I'd given up sweets. Again, my husband got the booty. At least he's supportive?

No comments: